Ryo Yonetani, Ph.D.
Institute of Industrial Science, the University of Tokyo
mail: yonetani +at+ iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Computer Vision (First-Person Vision), and Machine Learning (Federated Learning)
I like to use wearable cameras for various human sensing problems. Much of my recent work has focused on how we can utilize multiple wearable cameras collectively for analyzing group activities.
I am also interested in decentralized training such as Federated Learning, which leverages highly-distributed clients for training deep neural networks while preserving data privacy.
- (April 24, 2018) We posted a new article to introduce our activities on decentralized training.
- (April 24, 2018) We posted a new work on federated learning combined with mobile edge computing (project page)
- (April 17, 2018) We have released a part of our data used in our ECCV’16 work at Datasets for First-Person Vision
- (February 19, 2018) Our work on future localization has been accepted to CVPR’18! (Project page).
- (February 19, 2018) One paper accepted to CHI’18 Late Breaking Work.
- (February 16, 2018) I will serve as a program committee member for the CVPR2018 workshop on Challenges and Opportunities for Privacy and Security.
- (January 10, 2018) We have updated [PEV dataset], a dataset of first-person videos recorded during dyadic conversations presented at CVPR’16.
- (December 1, 2017) We posted a new work on future localization in first-person videos on arXiv (Project page).
- (October 24, 2017) Our paper on people identification for first-person videos has been accepted to IEEE TPAMI.
- (August 28, 2017) Our paper on multi-camera first person vision has been accepted to ICCV workshop.
- (July 16, 2017) Our paper on privacy-preserving visual learning has been accepted to ICCV2017.
- (May 31, 2017) We will present our work on privacy-preserving visual learning at CVPR workshop on Challenges and Opportunities for Privacy and Security.
- (December 11, 2016) Our paper has been accepted to CHI2017.
- (November 19, 2016) We will be organizing the First International Workshop on Human Activity Analysis with Highly Diverse Cameras at WACV2017.
- (September 1, 2016) I will work as a visiting scholar at the CMU Robotics Institute for a year.
- (July 12, 2016) Our paper has been accepted to ECCV2016.
- (June 16, 2016) The extended version of our CVPR2015 work (ego-surfing first-person videos) is now available on the arXiv.
- (May 17, 2016) I will be serving as an organizing committee member for IAPR MVA2017.
- (April 20, 2016) Our paper has been accepted to EGOV2016.
- (March 6, 2016) Our paper has been accepted to CVPR2016.
- (January 18, 2016) I will be serving as a sponsorship chair for ICMI2016.
- (January 15, 2016) Our paper has been accepted to CHI2016.